Talent Show at the Salem Public Library, a combo of On Tap and The Claddagh Dancers
Happy Happy May! And a happy month it will be indeed. Our theme for the “On Tap Showcase” is “It Only Takes One to be Happy”. We will be dancing to remind ourselves to find “the one” and believe that one of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy : and one of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy yourself!
Here are important “Happy making” dance events to put on your calendar:
1)Aerial Showcase at Willamette University. May 3 at 7:30pm. Admission is $2.00 students and $5.00 general admission. Event description: “Come see a provocative, inspiring, playful, and exciting showcase from dedicated, talented students who have worked continuously for months on ten new aerial pieces featuring aerial silk, lyra, aerial net, hammock, and aerial silks.” Contact information: 503-370-6221
2) National Tap Dance Day is Saturday, May 24 and Portland is having a tap dancing showcase at 7pm at the Clinton St. Theater, 2522 SE Clinton is on the corner of SE 26th and Clinton. Clinton Street is two blocks south of Division and seven blocks north of Powell. Tickets are $25.00. They can be purchased online. https://clinton-street-theater.seatengine.com/venues/clinton-street-theater/events/4320/shows . If you are interested in performing in their Showcase please let me know! There will be workshops all day too. This is the day before our Showcase so it would make the weekend totally tappy! workshop info: Tap workshops are held at Grande Finale Dance Studio. 875 portland Ave., Gladstone, OR 97027.12:15pm -5:15pm.
3) May 25th On Tap Showcase party, It Only Takes One to be Happy! For the month of May we will be finalizing and polishing our dances and getting ready for the Showcase. Tickets are $5.00ea. (Dancers do not need tickets) We’ll have pizza and the traditional root beer floats. Each class will be responsible for one raffle item. It can be a basket of items or one item. The theme for the prizes is “Be Happy!”
T-shirts will be ready soon. I will have the price determined within the next couple weeks based on the cost of the graphics.
4) May 10 and 11 at 2pm the Skylark Tappers will present “Music and Sole” in Portland at Portland Metro Arts- 9003 SE Stark St. With special guest Marilyn Keller. Tickets are $20.00 Call 503-245-3994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Tap Happy on May 30th Nancy Traina in Corvallis is having her tap show, at 7:30pm at the Majestic Theatre, the weekend following our showcase. More information to come.
6) Summer workshops with master teachers at On Tap: The first and third Monday of June and July, 4:00-5:30pm at the Broadway studio.
Themes will be classical, irish, rhythm, and other surprises!
All tap dancers are welcome. Fee for all workshops: $100.00 For one: $30.00
Private and Semi private lessons will continue all summer at the Tap House too. All classes are 45 minutes at $25.00 each , and $10.00 for each additional dancer per class.