Happy icy December everyone! Time to shuffle some snowflakes and slide into one more class in 2013! Monday we’ll be jingle bell rockin and sharing some sweets and smiles as we go through all the dances of the session together. Then it’s time to enjoy your holiday break. I encourage you to all keep your tap shoes warm and dance to any songs that make you get up and join the band! Tis the time to be jolly and jingle those taps to the rhythms of the season. Here are your “On Tap” Notes for December 2013:
1. Last class of the Fall session is Monday, December 9. Feel welcome to bring a sweet to share. I’ll have sparkling cider “on tap!”
2. The Winter/Spring “On Tap” session begins Monday, January 6. Please let me know if you plan to enroll for this series: January 6 to May 25. The “On Tap Showcase” party will be Sunday afternoon, May 25! Save the Date!
Class Times are as follows, all on Mondays at 1795 Broadway
2:30pm Beginning Tap
3:30-4:15 Semi-private/Private lesson
4:15-5:15 Intermediate Tap
20 classes $200.00 or drop in $15.00 per class
Classes at The Tap House in West Salem by appointment only
Private, semi-private, or group classes available
Have a wonderful, tappy Holiday! May the joy of this season resonate in all you do, all you are, and all you aspire to become. I look forward to more tappy times in 2014!
Yours in tap, Stacey
Here is our fall schedule! You can also download it as a PDF.
Happy July Tappers! The heat wave has started as have our summer lessons. Please take note of the notes below to add some summer sizzle to your tappy life!
I hope to see many of you at the World Beat Festival tomorrow (Saturday). The Claddagh Dancers will be performing at 2:30 on the European stage! The stage is along the Riverfront. I wish you all a wonderful 4th of July!!
On Tap Notes – July 2013
1.Summer Class time changes:
- Monday Beginning Tap is now at 3:30 pm.
- Monday Intermediate Tap is now at 2:30 pm
- Celtic Kids Irish Dance is now at 5 pm Mondays at the Tap House in West Salem. The Irish Tea Party will be Monday July 15th so Hallidae and Evie can be there. This class will run through July 22nd.
2. The next On Tap show is Saturday July 20th at the Bonaventure Retirement Residence in South Salem at 2:00 pm. All students are encouraged to perform! It will have a similar format to our Showcase.
3. Happy Tappy July birthday to Emily Vetter and Evie Hoppe! We’ll be doing the birthday dance Monday!!
4. Vancouver Tap Dance Festival Registrations have been submitted. If anyone else wants to join us please visit their website at www.vantapdance.com. Attending the festival are Sheri Leipzig, Danica Andresen, Emily Vetter, and myself. 🙂
5. SAVE THE DATE: Friday, August 16th, Master Class with Nancy Traina at 4:00 pm. Nancy will come to our Salem studio and teach Bill Bojangles Robinson choreography. I saw this dance at her show in Corvallis. It’s great! This will be our only class in August. The fee is $20.00 for a 90 minute class.
That’s all the notes for now!
Yours in tap,