Fun memories of Christian about to
blow out his birthday candles
Happy February Tappers! It’s that love filled month when we recall the great tap legend Gregory Hines who started my passion for teaching tap dance. He was such a patient and generous teacher and performer, so loved in the dance community and beyond. We have an exciting month ahead starting with where Gregory was the happiest, on stage. As we prepare for a show at the Capitol Manor and for the month ahead loving what we do and who we are I wish you smiles, laughter, and hearts filled with joy! Here are your February On Tap Notes:
1. Monday February 9 tap class will be held at Capitol Manor in West Salem in their performance hall. Class will be at the regular time, 7:45pm. We will be preparing for the following nights show. Please come dance whether or not you are in the show. Those in the show please bring all your costumes and props to practice with.
2. Monday February 9 we will also be celebrating many February birthdays. Happy tappy birthday to Danica Andresen (On Tap dancing since before her 2007 birthday!),Victoria Hanson-Apollonia, Hallidae Hunt whose real (or should I say reel!) birthday is show night the 10th, and our Valentines day “babies” :Sara Jaffee , my mom Loretta, and the legendary tap dancer/teacher Gregory Hines. We will be doing the birthday dance together and of course sharing something sweet to honor these fine ladies and gentleman.
3. All dancers please mark Tuesday February 10 for the Capitol Manor show in West Salem. We will be collaborating with the Celtic Claddagh Dancers for a very fun evening of Irish and tap dance. Call time is 6:15pm.
Watch this fun link that Sarah Hunt sent me..it’s a wonderful mix of tap and Irish:
4. The Tap House is open for private and semi-private classes and welcoming back Dori Nelson and Marie Cunningham. I have missed you over the holiday extended break.
5. Hamantashen cookie sales are now being taken and volunteers are needed to help create this 3 cornered, fruit filled cookie! We have been known to tap in the kitchen while making these! Work/dance sessions at Temple Beth Sholom in South Salem are Tuesday nights at 6pm and Sundays at 10am from February 8 to February 24. Please call or email me if you’d like to order some, help roll, fill, and tap out the 500+ dozen cookies!
As we enter this love filled month please send out special healing prayers for my mom Loretta whose birthday is also on Valentines Day. Her heart overflows with love and warmth for all and is in need of some TLC.
Happy February everyone!!!
Yours in tap,